DERON Mining Equipment Distributor
Swanson Industries has been a leading innovator in mining equipment repair and new product manufacturing since it began in 1964.We worked closely with regional mine operators, Swanson service personnel and engineers to develop the DERON line of products. Manufactured with safety and performance in mind, DERON equipment is used in mines throughout the United States.
DERON Mining Equipment
Exclusively distributed by Swanson,
the DERON line of mining equipment includes:
- Coal Drills
- Drill Rigs
- Hydraulic Monorail Winches
- Monorail Trolleys
Type III Tugger
Exclusively engineered, manufactured and distributed by Swanson
- Adaptable for Use on All Monorails
- Move Individual or Combined Sections of Monorail Components
- 6,000 lb Drawbar Pull – Bi-Directional
- 5,000 lb Static Braking Effort
- Tram Speed – 45 ft/min
- Available in Pendant or Radio Controlled
- Spring Applied Air Released Fail Safe Braking System
- End Adapters for Any Style Trolley
- Designed to Handle Typical Rail Undulations
- Customized Cable/Hose Handling
MR20 – MR40 Equipment Retriever
The MR20 – MR40 is a safe, fast and economical way to recover equipment trapped by roof falls. With a drawbar pull of 150 tons, the Equipment Retriever offers three important advantages:
- Trapped equipment can be recovered quickly, significantly reducing out-of-production time.
- A minimum crew is required to operate the retriever.
- Maximum safety is assured because personnel need not be positioned between the MR20 – MR40 and the trapped equipment.
Rock Dusters In High Pressure Bulk, Portable and Trickle Designs
Swanson’s complete line of DERON Rock Dusters meet your specific dust application requirements while maximizing mine safety and reducing costs. Each model is designed and manufactured with features for the most demanding mining environment:
- SD2 Slinger-Duster: The ultimate design for one-man rock dusting, 2400-lb. capacity or larger
- RD55 Hydraulic Rock Duster: Designed to be transported in the bucket of a scoop car for dusting in less-accessible areas of the mine
- LPD5 Combination Duster: Compact design is engineered to blanket dust up to 200 ft. or trickle dust up to 400 ft.
- ETD2 Electric Trickle Duster: The mining industry’s preferred machine for trouble-free, unattended trickle dusting.
- Customized units are available for operation in hydraulic, electric or diesel power.
Complete Longwall Monorail Solutions Featuring DERON Products
Swanson Industries offers flexible, expandable, sustainable and reliable longwall fluid delivery systems featuring our proprietary DERON monorail components.
Swanson’s single-source longwall monorail system includes the DERON hydraulic winches and diesel hydraulic power units, push pulls, locomotives, Weinhold high-pressure pipes and KAMAT pumps.
SUPER-TEE ALUMINUM MONORAIL
Our aluminum monorail is half the weight of steel rail – but every bit as strong – for easier maneuverability and configuration as your mining operation progresses.
Compare to Steel Rail:
|Designation:||I 140 E||Super Tee|
|Length:||10ft or 3m||10ft or 3m|
|Weight:||169 lb.||80 lb.|
|Rated Load:||6,000 lb.||6,000 lb.|
Weinhold High-Pressure Pipe and Connectors
Swanson Industries provides high-pressure pipe and connectors as part of their fluid delivery system to the longwall face. These features deliver a higher fluid volume with less friction over conventional hoses and make the setup and moving of fluid delivery units and components more efficient.
OTHER EXCLUSIVE DERON MINING PRODUCTS BY SWANSON INDUSTRIES
Hydraulic Monorail Winches
Small and Compact Design.
36″ (L) x 30″ (W) x 21″ (H).
Weight: 800 lbs.
20,000 lb. First Layer Pull / 28 fpm
8,250 lb. Full Drum Pull / 70 fpm
750 ft. 1/2 in. Synthetic Rope Capacity
Hydraulic Pendant Assembly
Robust Hanging Frame with Guarding
46 in. Overall Width Including Guard
106 in. Overall Length
35 in. Overall Height
1900 lb. Weight
Optional Winch Anchor Sold Separately
DC Powered Electric Over Hydraulic Monorail Winches
Constant horsepower / Planetary Design.
Variable speed via joy stick control.
128 – 300 VDC.
30 HP Electric motor.
20,000 lb. Pull First Layer
9,840 lb. Pull Last Layer
500-900 ft. Wire Rope Capacity
Monorail Dynamic Hydraulic Brake
Retarder force increases as speed increases.
No active-effort to operate once installed.
System should develop 1,100 lb. of resistance at 40 fpm
Designed to avoid trolley run-away situations in down-hill applications
Diesel Power Pack
Portable and self-contained MSHA approved.
Supplying auxiliary hydraulic pressure and flow wherever it’s needed.
58 HP Diesel Engine w/ Lofa Panel
15-20 GPM @ 2,500 psi
90 Gallon Hydraulic Tank
19 Gallon Fuel Tank
Robust Hanging Frame
Compact width of 36 in.
Push-Pull Monorail Unit
The DERON Push-Pull is being used in practically every longwall mining operation. A wide variety of options are available.
Available in 36, 42, 48 in. Stroke
Max. Operating Pressure = 5,000 PSI
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FROM SWANSON’S DERON ENGINEERS
The CD10 Coal Drill is a powerful and lightweight suitable for one-person underground drilling.
Hydraulic Chain Saw
The CS05 Hydraulic Chain Saw is ideal for cutting underground timbers and
Hydraulic Drill Rig
The DR25 is a powerful hydraulic drill rig that is capable of drilling vertical or horizontally.