Responsible for electrical and mechanical servicing & efficient maintenance of production machinery & equipment, physical plant, utilities & grounds. Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and facilities in repair.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, Vocational training preferred.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance and machinery.
- Must have working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, carpentry, plumbing, welding and basic electricity.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Must be able to meet minimum tool requirements.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function test (respirator) and fit test.
- Must be able to qualify and certify for confined space entry.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!