Develop, maintain, and assess strategic accounts, provide technical support and build favorable relationships with key clients. Must have extensive background in outside sales calling on steel industry and steel producers or extensive operational/maintenance experience in steel production operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommends and sells equipment and repair services utilizing knowledge of hydraulic equipment for steel mill operations and heavy industrial customer needs.
- Reviews and submits bid specifications and quotations to customer for review and approval.
- Submits orders for product and follows up on order to verify material list accuracy and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines and customer needs and/or commitments.
- Analyzes application and use of hydraulic components in systems and recommends improvements to reliability and efficiency.
- Reviews existing customer specifications for accuracy and opportunity to provide them with a selling advantage and/or an advantage to their bottom line via provision of superior products, price and/or service.
- Demonstrates and explains use of installed equipment and production processes.
- Arranges for installation and test-operation of machinery/products and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
- Contacts current and potential customers, visits establishments to evaluate needs, and promotes sale of products and services.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Operation Manager.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a high school diploma, a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Must have extensive background in outside sales calling on steel industry and steel producers or extensive operational/maintenance experience in steel production operations.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, basic drawing reading skills and ERP system.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid time off (PTO), etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!