Supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers, such as machinists, chrome platers, laborers, precision workers, assemblers, fabricators, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review daily production schedule for the department to plan work and personnel assignments for the shift.
- Supervise and direct personnel in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Consult with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet production and/or shipping schedules.
- Apply company policies fairly and impartially in all dealings with employees.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing/operations.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience managing in a union environment preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!