Partners closely with Operations team to manage the health and safety program. Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, or local statues or regulations including OSHA. Has a comprehensive knowledge of the health and safety concepts and principles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, test, and evaluate workplace environments, equipment and practices to ensure that they follow safety standards and government regulations.
- Manage programs meant to protect employee health and safety or promote environmental compliance.
- Manage safety programs that are meant to prevent injuries, fires, or other workplace accidents.
- Evaluate, assess, and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and customers.
- Audit facilities or processes to identify weaknesses or risks and proactively develops and implements corrective actions.
- Deliver and track participation in safety training programs educating employees on safe working practices, appropriate equipment operation, and emergency procedures.
- Investigate incidents or accidents, gather and analyze statistics, and make recommendations for improvements; ensure appropriate investigation of and response to accidents or injuries.
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts.
- Prepare and submit accident reports / other reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety Management.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in Safety Management in a Manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards in manufacturing.
- Certified Safety Professional Certification preferred.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Some travel required (20%).
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!