Safely operate vehicles with various capacities in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as coal mines, plants, offices, or within industrial yards.
Location: Helper, UT
- Inspect vehicle pre and post-trip. Maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks. Safely operate forklifts, cranes and hoists in accordance with operating instructions and safety policies as needed to load and unload trucks.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations (arrival and departure times and miles traveled, etc.)
- Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license, CDL, and physical card a plus.
Minimum Skills: Able to lift up to 75 pounds in accordance with safety policies and procedures. Decision-making skills. Oral communication skills. Customer service skills. Detail oriented. Ability to meet deadlines. Attentiveness. Ability to understand and follow directions.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!