Safely operate vehicles with various capacities in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as railroad stations, plants, and offices, or within industrial yards.
Location: Morgantown, WV
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks. Safely operate forklifts, cranes and hoists in accordance with operating instructions and safely policies as needed to load and unload trucks.
- Ensure cargo is secured to truck correctly and safely.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Obey all transportation laws, regulations, and standards and maintain a safe driving record.
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered to supervisor.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years of experience.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license, CDL, and physical card.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Physically fit and able to sit for long periods.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!