Set up and operate power hone machines to remove excess materials from internal surfaces.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Must be able to set work piece up in machine and secure it so it is safe and stable to hone.
- Activates machine start-up, and hone according to specifications.
- Computes machine RPM & Stroke Speed settings for specified dimension and base reference points.
- Studies blueprints, work order, or machining instructions to determine product dimensions, tooling, and to plan operational sequence.
- Observes and adjusts machine operation.
- Selects stones to be used in Honing operation, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements.
- Maintains stock of hone stones and paper.
- Ability to use measuring tools proficiently (Mics ID and OD, calipers, bore gauge & profilometer).
- Ability to read prints.
- May be required to run multiple machines simultaneously as directed, including hand hone.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, Vocational training preferred.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!