Diagnose, adjust, repair, overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Uses hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments to repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, Vocational training preferred.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!