Responsible for improving production standards, as well as the implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes and methods. Perform a variety of engineering tasks, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs tools and/or machines of varying types (some of a very complex nature) for use in the manufacturing of products. Experience with CNC and Conventional Machines highly preferred.
- Improve/standardize manufacturing processes and efficiency.
- Reverse engineer existing sample components, tooling, parts, etc.
- Regular use of sketches, blueprint drawings, etc.
- Builds routers and BOMs inside ERP and builds process standards.
- Re-designs and/or replaces in-process production program equipment, production control hardware.
- Develops processes, methods, tooling, and production controls for new programs, supervising their assembly and proofing.
- Efficiently integrates existing methods with new, innovative processes to develop solutions
- Sets up new equipment, ensures its satisfactory operation, and instructs others on how to use the new equipment properly.
- Writes procedures for the operation of new equipment
- Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment, and investigates their potential applications. Recommends implementation if feasible and practical.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related degree.
- Must have minimum of four (4) years of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical experience.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing engineering experience preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Must be able to apply mechanical principles to machining, tooling, and production.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!