Develop, maintain, and assess strategic accounts, and build favorable relationships with key clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to develop and retain existing customers and evaluate needs and promotes sale of products and services.
- Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services.
- Recommends and sells equipment and repair services utilizing knowledge of hydraulic equipment operations and customer needs.
- Reviews and submits bid specifications and quotations to customer for review and approval.
- Submits orders for product and follows up on order to verify material list accuracy and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines and customer needs and/or commitments.
- Analyzes application and use of hydraulic components in systems and recommends improvements for reliability and efficiency.
- Demonstrates and explains use of installed equipment and production processes.
- Arranges for installation and test-operation of machinery/products and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a high school diploma, a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Must have minimum of four (4) years of experience in outside sales, industrial related experience preferred.
- Ability to develop new business and manage sales territory.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, basic drawing reading skills and ERP system.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!