Participates in all aspects of a multi-functional HR Department including Compensation, Employment, Benefits, Training, Employee Relations, and Labor Relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide recruiting support to include posting positions, reviewing applications, pre-screens, interviews and reference checks.
- Manage new hire onboarding process to include pre-employment screenings, new hire paperwork and related employment verification documents.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees understanding of company policies, processes, and benefit plans.
- Manage off boarding process including exit interviews and preparation of benefit related documents.
- Performs benefit administration to include open enrollment, qualifying events, and COBRA.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Employee/Labor relations to include contract interpretation and attendance. Also, the point of contact for employee relations issues and requests, escalating if necessary.
- Employee data maintenance including file auditing.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in human resources preferred.
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!