Manages the field service activities in the Eastern, Mid-West, and Southern coal fields. Oversees tasks associated with on-site repair of customer equipment and machinery.
- Coordinates service contracts, schedules, maintenance, inventory, and supplies.
- Directs field personnel performing on-site services including but not limited to troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Responsible for maintaining service contract documentation.
- Prepare quotations for the sales and/or service staff.
- Review daily site reports submitted by field personnel and analyze and share with the proper departments (Engineering, Production, Sales, and/or Customer Service).
- Follows up with customer feedback for quality assurance.
- Ensure field personnel maintain proper MSHA training certification and local mine safety training along with approved PPE.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the predictive maintenance service.
- Regulate various warranty plans and quarterly audits of service truck stocking locations.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical experience.
- Longwall mining experience required.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to local mine sites and perform work under ground.
- Maintain MSHA yearly Part 48 training for both underground and surface work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Moderate computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, basic drawing reading skills.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!