1. Function as effective lead man in shop environment. Supervise and participate in the daily activities of shop employees including assigning work, work schedules, ensuring compliance with work rules, etc. This is a working foreman position and the position’s time on jobs will be applied to jobs and billed, etc.
2. Ensure that direct reports properly fill out daily timesheets and comply with safety and work rules. Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees and/or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
3. Inspect and approve all work under position’s responsibility. Ensure proper and complete paperwork accompanies all shop work.
4. Communicate needed repair and maintenance on shop equipment to the Operations Manager.
5. Provide daily reports and updates to the Operations Manager concerning all areas of responsibility including data on time, production, cost records, etc.
6. Prepare quotes for jobs. Communicate with customers as needed addressing their concerns in a timely and efficient matter. Communicate customer problems to Operations Manager.
7. Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
8. Operate plasma burn table; must be familiar with AutoCAD.9. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.