JOB SUMMARY: Implements environmental policies and procedures meant to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage programs meant to promote environmental compliance.
- Tracks and interprets environmental laws or regulations impacting the business and works with managers to ensure compliance.
- Conduct periodic tests, audits, or inspections of organizational processes or facilities and reports findings to management.
- Collects and analyzes environmental samples, interprets findings, and recommends and implements corrective action as needed.
- Conducts initial reviews of alleged compliance violations and escalates to executive leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety Management.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in Safety Management in a Manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards in manufacturing.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Some travel required (20%).
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!