Ability to efficiently and productively operate an engine lathe and the majority of all machines in the customer repair shop. Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings, to read micrometers, and work within required machining tolerances and possess a working knowledge of the repair procedures and tolerances for customer conventional machines. Demonstration of proficiency in applicable and appropriate machining skills.
Location: Morgantown, WV
- Proficient in operation engine lathes and conventional mills and machine shop equipment.
- Ability to use measuring tools proficiently (Mics ID and OD, calipers, thread mics and wires).
- Knowledgeable in hydraulic terminology (example: gland, piston, port, retract, extend, wiper).
- Able to use prints, make sketches, and machine to either.
- Know different thread forms (internal, external, standard or metric) and able to machine the like. Make gauges if necessary.
- Know port machining and hydraulic fitting sizes and description.
- Know seal identification and machining of tolerance specifications (examples: O-ring, wiper, seal, wear band).
- Machine knowledge of different metals.
- Familiar with tooling, cemented, index able, threading, etc.
- Must have machinist tools to perform job.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimum of ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- May be required to pass Customer Conventional Machinist test.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!