Responsible for preparing parts to be chrome plated. Operating overhead cranes to lift parts into chrome tanks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Ensure quality and thickness of chrome.
- Perform electroplating operations to surface parts and materials with hexavalent chromium
- Develop setups for electroplating operations in which processing time, voltage amperage and block-offs
- Maintain chemical strength and proper level of solution in tanks as specified
- Select processing time, voltage and amperage by calculating surface area to be plated
- Select electrodes and determine spacing of parts in tanks
- Check parts for cleanliness and proper surface
- Test plating to determine adherence, thickness, quality, surface coverage, and specified buildup
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Enhance professional growth and development as technology advances.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!