Ability to efficiently and productively use MIG, submerged arc, air arc, and/or stick welding techniques. The Welder will fabricate, repair, cut, and braze metal using a variety of welding equipment (gas, arc, brazing, plasma, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position.
- Cleans and/or degreases parts, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath.
- Inspects finished workpiece for adherence to specifications.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scraper or power chipper, portable grinder, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Reviews layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Ability to be certified by Swanson, if required.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Enhance professional growth and development as technology advances.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, Vocational training preferred.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Must be able to meet minimum tool requirements.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function test (respirator) and fit test.
- Must be able to qualify and certify for confined space entry.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!