To assemble finished product using sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners, and pack in designated carton according to customer specification sheet and company policies.
- Checks Customer Specification Sheet (CSS) to determine required assembly, exterior finish on product, and any special options.
- Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners for the particular run. Checks for designated carton pack. Contacts material handler if shortages exists or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Checks power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order.
- Tests assembled component by pump and motor testing and calibration of equipment.
- Packs finished product into designated carton and inserts pre-printed slip—”Assembled with pride by _____”—in carton of each finished product.
- Checks first three assembled products, comparing each to CSS. Checks every tenth finished product for comparison to CSS.
- From experience, resolves assembly and packing problems. Reports other problems to line mechanic or supervisor for assistance.
- At end of run, completes production report and quality commentary on PC.
- At end of run, contacts material handler, clears stock bins and flat cartons of unused items, and prepares for next run.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, Vocational training preferred.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years of experience in manufacturing and operations.
- Must have working knowledge of gauges and calipers.
- Must be able to meet minimum tool requirements.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and/or standing is required.
- Frequent bending, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying of parts.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to the Swanson Safety System in daily job duties.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!